Contact us

©2018 by Kildonan Tennis Club.


March 29th, 2020

The weather is looking great and I am sure that everyone is as eager to get out and play tennis as I am.  However, please be aware that in keeping with the direction of various governing bodies, Kildonan Tennis Club will remain closed until further notice.  Members may not access the courts or the clubhouse.  We will issue a notice when the Club is open for business!


Much is going on behind the scenes, I have been spearheading various initiatives to keep tennis clubs, particularly outdoor tennis clubs as a point of consideration when decision makers such as the provincial Government and Health Authority are determining which entities must be closed and which may open.  I have also reached out to our MLA.


At this time, however, we are mandated to remain closed.


Just to provide you some context in the larger world of tennis:

  • All Professional Tennis at all levels world-wide have been cancelled until June 8, with the expectation that the cancellations will be extended until September or later.

  • The Rogers Cup is expected to be cancelled, as well as our local National Bank Challenger in July.

  • The French Open is tentatively planning to play in later October or November vs cancelling as they did not have any insurance policy on the tournament.

I and the other members of the Tennis Manitoba Board are working together and with governing bodies to both advocate for our organizations and to heed the mandates issued to us.  We are holding weekly meetings to reassess as the situation unfolds. 


I am asking for your support and patience as we navigate uncharted waters.  We must be dedicated to safety and being part of the solution and not the problem.  We will re-evaluate the situation over time while keeping the health and safety of all of our members and staff as the priority. 


Thank you.  Be well, Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and Stay Tuned!

-David Scrapneck and the KTC Board of Governors

March 23rd, 2020

The past week has seen a drastic change in the way all of us are being asked to live our lives for the time being. First and foremost, we hope that all of our Members and guests and their families are keeping healthy and safe amidst a lot of unknowns.


In the last several days, most sport facilities have implemented temporary closures with uncertain re-opening dates.  As such, the spring opening of Kildonan Tennis Club is on-hold for the time being.  We are closely monitoring the evolution of the COVID-19 virus and the guidelines issued by Manitoba Health and Health Canada.


In the meantime, use our website as a resource.  We have provided information about all the junior programs and adult leagues, tournaments, etc that we have planned for the season.  Also – note that our new on-line registration system will be up and running soon.  The system will launch as soon as we are confident that we will be able to open the club for our customers.


The safety of our Club, Members, Employees, and Guests is of utmost importance. Our goal is to remain attentive, be prepared to make decisions based on the current situation and to act on the advice of local health officials.


Information regarding potential opening and event dates will be announced as soon as possible. There is a strong chance that we will cancel the Annual Open House (May 2 and 3) and events planned for the spring into early summer.  In the meantime, please be patient as we navigate these uncharted waters together.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.


Be well, stay safe and stay healthy!

-David Scrapneck and the KTC Board of Governors